Tickets are no longer available. Thank you for your support!
United Way of Central Georgia aspires to be the critical link in our communities which brings together all community participants to build stronger, healthier and more sustainable communities. This will be fulfilled by increasing the organized capacity of people in Central Georgia communities to care for one another.
Macon, Georgia 31201
Jeff Smith Auto has partnered with United Way of Central Georgia to raffle off a new vehicle to the 2020-2021 raffle winner. All proceeds generated from raffle ticket sales will go directly to United Way of Central Georgia to help overcome generational poverty in Central Georgia and advance the common good.
United Way Car Raffle Official Rules
A complete copy of these rules can be obtained at the offices of United Way of Central Georgia (277 MLK Jr. Blvd, Ste. 301 – Macon, GA 31201) during normal business hours Monday through Friday or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the above address. Rules can also be obtained online at www.unitedwaycg.org.
1. Void where prohibited.
2. Must be 21 years of age or older to participate and win.
3. The grand prize winner will be awarded a choice of a 2020 Dodge Charger, 2021 Kia K5, 2020 Ford Ranger, or a 2020 VW Atlas Crossport from all tickets purchased prior to the drawing time on January 8, 2021. The value of the grand prize will be determined based upon the vehicle selected by the winner but may not exceed an MSRP of $35,000. The vehicles available for selection will be available for display at select locations during the dates of the contest.
4. United Way of Central Georgia reserves the right to change any of the rules and/or the terms for this contest. Odds of winning are based on the number of tickets purchased. A maximum of 6,000 tickets will be available for sale.
5. The winner of the grand prize is responsible for all taxes, title and licensing fees.
6. There is no limit to the number of tickets an individual or business may purchase.
7. Participants can become eligible for the contest by purchasing a raffle ticket for $35 each at the following locations:
Select Synovus Banks
Select Robins Financial Credit Unions
Select Cadence Banks
MidSouth Community Federal Credit Union
Walthall Oil Company Chevron and Exxon locations
Jeff Smith Automotive
Online at www.Uwinacar.com
8. On January 8, 2021, one ticket will be selected through a random drawing, as the Grand Prize Winner, from all raffle tickets purchased. The Grand Prize Winner will be notified by telephone, email and/or mail using the information entered upon registering. Ticket holders do not have to be present to win.
9. By law – winners of items costing $600 or more will receive tax form 1099.
10. Federal and state laws restrict the sale of tickets to only those state or local residents who specifically meet the requirements as set forth in the applicable statutes and regulations in the terms and conditions as set forth by these Official Rules.
11. All net proceeds from the raffle benefit United Way of Central Georgia. By purchasing a ticket, purchaser agrees to all terms and conditions as set forth in these Official Rules.
12. A ticket represents a chance to win the opportunity to accept an offer of the stated prize on these terms and conditions and, upon winning, those in the “Winner Notification Agreement,” the terms of which are hereby incorporated by reference. If you hold a ticket or a receipt, your ticket has been entered in the raffle, subject to these Terms and Conditions. All tickets have an equal opportunity to be drawn.
13. Tickets, receipts and the winners’ rights are not transferable. Winners need not be present to win.
14. Winners must accept prizes “AS IS, WHERE IS”, subject to all latent and patent conditions, with absolutely no express or implied warranties of any kind by United Way of Central Georgia, Jeff Smith Automotive, or any associated sponsor.
15. Winner will be notified in writing in the Winner Notification Agreement (“WNA”), which will be sent by certified, return receipt U. S. Mail to the address provided by that winner. Winner will have seven (7) days from the date of receipt of the WNA to accept the prize by executing and returning the WNA pursuant to the terms stated therein. Failure to execute and return the WNA and accept the prize “as is,” timely, and pursuant to the terms stated in the WNA, will automatically result in forfeiture of the prize, with no substitution or alternative prize available to the original winner. In the event of forfeiture, the next winner that was selected will be awarded the prize, in addition to the prize awarded to that winner.
16. Prize will not be awarded, and will be forfeited, if the ticket was issued in exchange for a check returned for “insufficient funds” or for a credit card charge deemed “declined,” “invalid,” or “stolen.”
17. Prizes may not be substituted or exchanged by winner.
18. In accordance with IRS rules and regulations, the cost of tickets is not tax deductible.
19. All sales of raffle tickets are final and there will be no refunds.
20. Winner shall have no rights in prize until the prize is fully and unconditionally accepted by winner by the timely execution and return of the WNA and until complete delivery of the prize is made to winner. All prizes remain the sole property of United Way of Central Georgia until unconditionally accepted “as is, where is” by winner.
21. Proper identification must be presented to claim prize.
22. Acceptance of a prize is permission for United Way of Central Georgia, Jeff Smith Automotive, and other media sponsors to use the name, picture, video image, and relevant quotes of winner and agreement that the prize will not be used for further fundraising.
23. Winner is subject to all Federal and State income taxes and any other taxes payable due to acceptance of the prize and the law, regulations, procedures, rules and directives applicable to raffles. All federal, state and local laws relating to the transfer, ownership or use of the prize applies. Prize shall not be transferred until all legal requirements have been met. The IRS requires that taxes on prizes valued greater than $600 must be paid upon acceptance and before the prize may be delivered to the winner. Winners are encouraged to consult a tax professional.
24. If there is more than one name on an entry, the prize will be awarded to the first name listed on the entry as the winner, so long as that person is 21 years old or older and a U.S. resident. It is the sole responsibility of the winner in a multiple party entry to allocate any prize among the participants in that entry.
25. The winner accepting the grand prize will be subject to all applicable laws and regulations including insurance of vehicle.
28. Purchase of this ticket constitutes full agreement by the purchaser that he/she agrees with all terms and conditions set forth herein.
29. Employees of United Way of Central Georgia and Jeff Smith Automotive and their immediate families are not eligible to participate or eligible to win any prize.
30. “Immediate Family” is defined as the spouse, parents, grandparents, great-grandparents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of the employee and his/her spouse. This definition also includes individuals for whom an employee is the current legal guardian or individuals who are not legally related to but who reside with an employee. (“Step” relationships also are covered by this definition.) The determinations of United Way of Central Georgia are final and binding with respect to any matter arising out of the interpretation or application of these terms and conditions.
31. United Way of Central Georgia, Jeff Smith Automotive, and any associated sponsors maintain no control of the personnel, equipment or operations of any supplier and assume no responsibility for any financial loss, personal injury, property damage, other loss, accident, delay, inconvenience or irregularity which winners may experience by reason of (1) performance or nonperformance by any supplier; (2) wrongful, careless, negligent, or unauthorized acts or omissions on the part of any supplier or its employees, or on the part of any other party not under the control of United Way of Central Georgia or Jeff Smith Automotive; (3) any defect, breakdown or other failure of any aircraft, train, automobile, ship, accommodation, or other equipment or instrumentality owned, operated, or otherwise used by a supplier or;(4) any acts of God, acts or omissions of third parties, damage or loss associated with any terrorist activities, social or labor unrest, mechanical or construction failures, disease, local laws, climactic conditions, or other conditions or developments. United Way of Central Georgia and Jeff Smith Automotive shall in no event be liable for special or consequential damages arising from the use or ownership of any prize. Participants hereby release United Way of Central Georgia, Jeff Smith Automotive and any associated sponsors from any such claims.
32. Limitation on Liability. By purchase of a raffle ticket, each entrant forever discharges and releases Beneficiary, Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the contest, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury resulting from or in connection with participating in the raffle or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused.
3. This is not a solicitation. This is for informational purposes only.
Violations of any of these rules or attempts to win any contest by fraud, deception, or cheating shall be grounds for United Way of Central Georgia to disqualify that individual from participating in all current and future contests and events at the sole discretion of United Way of Central Georgia, as well as forfeiture of any prize or prizes won by fraudulent me
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.